Good evening my friends… I’m going to try to keep this short, because it’s been a very long day of training in Meat World (my day job for the state of Wyoming)…12 hours worth (1st aid, CPR, AED use, policy, procedure, etc…you know, basic in-service prison annual re-certification training) Even had a working lunch…which was actually nice.
So, let’s dig in…
Here we are three weeks into the new year of 2016, and I’m far behind where I’d like to be in many areas of my life.
SurvivalRing, my website of almost 20 years, is one of the most important parts of my life, because of the tools I have here, the reach with social media, the proven coding and media skills I went back to college and got applied science degrees for, the weather cycles that are almost unbelievable, and the options in the next year for the future (and pretty much the rest of my life) are all wide open for massive change and implementation.
The Markets are crashing, the presidential candidates are raving at raging levels of testosterone (yes, even Hitllery), and we’ve got an historic massive snow storm shutting down most of the east coast…much like the 1993 “Storm of the Century”.
Some down points first, and then some positives that I think you’ll like.
Like most of you running PC compatible computers, I had been seeing and hearing a lot about the Windows 10 upgrade for most computer users. Before I agreed to install it a few months ago, I mentioned that I really didn’t think I was going to like it. Duh….what a self fulfilling prophecy, and incredible mess.
I let Win10 install on my newish Desktop (less than a year old) Dell 3847 with 1 terabyte hard drive and 12 gigs of ram. Ran ok for several weeks….then trouble started.
All of my 33 years of computer experience on everything from 48k game consoles running basic for a BBS, to running as SysOp on two national (pre-internet) dialup networks, to a job as a computer operations manager running a room full of mainframes…did not prepare me for the damage that Win10 would do to my TWO computers, the 3847 Desktop, and the Dell 17R laptop running Win7.
Windows 10 started eating itself, shutting down licensed programs, deactivating proven and working drivers, and otherwise getting me to a point of complete creative stagnation (no coding, no writing, no design)…because the desktop will only run in safe mode…and my creative apps DON’T like that.
Never have I had a system drop to this near-death level of productivity. There seems to be no choice to get the system back up to full speed without a full reformat and fresh install of the out of the box Operating System (Win 8.1), and reinstalling EVERY application I’ve been using for years, on all my previous computers.
After getting the desktop back to normal, I’ll have to repeat the process for the laptop. No virii nor malware were found on either computer, running my tech software directly off Hiren’s Boot CD Geek Recovery system disk. DAYS were spent investigating these potential threats. Experience and lots of research validated my current diagnosis….and the need to go full bore reformat/reinstall…and DON’T let Win10 EVER get control again.
A few months ago, I purchased a hard drive dock, to do some planning for the SurvivalCD data package and creating alternative (non optical disk) packages for the SurvivalCD.com (package currently in upgrade status) library. Dock works fine, and all the old and smallish drives are accessible, but I’ve got a problem I could use your help on, and this will be the only request I’ll put out for this. Again, remember I have to do this TWICE on my two systems.
I’ve got nearly half a dozen old drives, from 80 gigs to 250 gigs of space. I’ve moved quite bit from the Boot drive, but I need more room, and most of these old drives area MANY years old. I’m kind of concerned about moving my VERY important master files for all I do, to drives that I’ve had in some cases running for 7 to 9 years continuously. I’d love to add a full blown Network attached drive storage system with 4 to 8 terabytes of brand new space, but we’re taking about anywhere from $400 to $1000 or more. I’ll need it in the future, but NOT RIGHT NOW.
What I do need is a few donations (totaling less than $100) to purchase a 2 terabyte portable pocket drive to totally backup all the DATA and APPS completely on both computers and their respective main system drives can be re-formatted, downgraded to the PREVIOUS versions of Windows as I had them and then quickly brought back up to full power mode with reinstalled apps, data, and then the SurvivalCD.com packages that will be become available on EVERY other format besides CD and DVD data disks.
Other issues that need near immediate attention following operating system repairs of the computers is to replace my 8 year old CD/DVD duplicator. The power supply (impossible to find a proprietary replacement for) has had a couple of strokes, and duplicating operations have basically stopped. I’ll have to replace it with a new box, at a cost of $600 or so.
Due to this very specific hardware issue, I’ve shut down sales of the SurvivalCD package for the time being, as of the last day of 2015. Therefore, no immediate income from SurvivalCD sales are available nor possible.
The packages will return, but not until the two computers are freshly updated and repaired, so I can start the massive timely updates of ALL FOURTEEN disks in the package. I’ve mentioned this before, and it is finally time to do it. I know you’ll like where we’re going with the data package, as it’s going to be the biggest update and included a massive set of new files that you’re never seen before…over 120 gigs of NEW downloads. Yes, Really….that much.
But, I can’t get there without your help. I’ve never made any real profit with the packages, just enough to upgrade my last computers, cover the costs of media, ink, labels, and shipping, including the two in question, pay for hosting and domains, and purchase more of the original government manuals to continue scanning and sharing with all of you. Fastest computers I’ve ever had, with the most speed and horsepower I’ve yet to own…thanks to all you who continue to return and support SurvivalRing!
Seems like a lot of important issues above, and believe me, they ARE important. Where else can you get a library with more than three million printable pages, 25,000 unique books, and sorted and categorized libraries of REAL government survival manuals from 75 years of history in helping Americans prepare for the bad days we’ve had, and the scary days still to cross our paths.
SurvivalRing has had bad days many times over the last 20 years, including direct hellishly destructive events by Hezbollah and Hamas on October 12th, 2012. But, we recovered, restored, and completely upgraded our online server and hosting. Why them, against me, just a middle aged, hard working computer geek with a passion for helping others? I’ll never know why, but I did find proof of who, and it really was ISIS related extremists.
Let’s look at this coming year…SurvivalRing in 2016. What can you expect?
- Thousands of new downloads to be added
- Many more guest posts, on a wider variety of prepper, survival, and self reliance issues
- Subscription packages to handle the digital versions of the packages I’ll be selling (DVD, BluRay, USB Pen, SD Ram, Micro SD chips, and even one terabyte hard drives nearly full of the same kind of materials SurvivalRing has become so popular for.
- A true editorial calendar of planned posts on a variety of subjects…meaning regular, timely, and targeted posts on news, events, training, and opinion
- A video channel on a few of the largest video serving sites in the world, JUST for SurvivalRing readers
- Teaching opportunities, tutoring, mentoring, and training events and webinars (I am and have been a nationally certified college tutor for nearly a decade)
- Personal Consulting on Prepper issues, lifestyle changes, prepper skills, and more
- Podcasts featuring myself and MANY thousands of hours of prepper content, with new weekly shows JUST for you. Yes, it’s really going to happen.
- Co-hosting a weekly prepper radio show with my good friend and world famous prepper author Jame Talmage Stevens, creator of the best prepper book in the world known as MAKING THE BEST OF BASICS by James T. Stevens – 865,000 copies sold in 41 years. We are on the air EVERY Friday from 4pm to 7pm Mountain Standard time at FreedomizerRadio.com, on the Doctor Prepper CPR *(Critical Preparedness Radio) show. You can find hundreds of previous shows on iTunes.
- Affiliate program so YOU can make much needed income, by helping me get the word out on SurvivalRing and SurvivalCD products
- Business opportunities for you to buy, edit, add your PayPal links, and update to your own sites to create passive income
- Books….REAL books…written especially for you, by myself and my wife, and a couple of my closest friends, on trusted, workable, honest and effective life style changes and upgrades to give you many ideas and tools in the self-help arena. I’ve got 45 years of real-world survival skills to write about, and lots of how-to areas I am very proud to be good at.
- Finally, after nearly ten years, a reboot of the SurvivalRing ThinkTank…a very limited access MasterMind Group to create prepper solutions to everyday threats and disasters. I’ll be looking for intelligent, trustworthy, and VERIFIABLE experts from a number of fields, whose passion for life and helping others really is a passion that they fully support. I was severely burned by the last group, because a couple of folks were NOT who they claimed to be. (No…not feds, but unbelievable posers I *will* be writing to ALL of you about)
I am also looking for long term, real world vendors who have products they would like to see shared and reviewed by people who have ALWAYS gotten their hands dirty using the tools of their lifestyle.
In other words, I’d like to develop a small cadre of SPONSORS who can, have, and will view self reliance and preparedness always with the long game in mind.
The doldrums are a regular occurrence in real life, online, and physically a very annoying event that can stop any real thing’s forward motion. Been there, done that. I’m buckling down to row my way towards fair trade winds and positive outcomes for anyone who crosses these pages.
The Phoenix is more than a myth. I’ve been married 35 years this coming June, and professionally I’ve had to start over more than a few times. The dreams, plans, and confidence to make the above things happen are real, tangible, and honest plans to get SurvivalRing back into the front lines of Prepper and Survival Informational Leadership.
Rising from the ashes is something I’ve done in many arenas the last 15 years. I’ve seen friends become enemies, frauds, and cheats. I’ve cut ties with individuals who truly had some sociopathic and pathological issues that nearly destroyed years of MY real world work.
Full blown, hard core life changes for myself and my family are something I’ve dealt with in my life, including two different cross country moves with everything I’ve owned in tow.
This summer, another change will probably occur. Infinitely doable, expensive to complete, but the end result will let me have much more time to actually meet thousands of like minded individuals across the country, start some local projects, and use those college degrees from a decade ago to CREATE real change to real people, face to face, should to shoulder, and always for the better.
Does that mean leaving a state job in this economy? It just might…but the planets (which really are aligned in the early morning sky for the next few weeks), are creating a change in my wind, my path, and my passions. Time will tell.
I’m an honest, hard working man, who has paid my dues heavily while raising my family, dealing with personal health issues, and an income (as a state employee) that leaves nothing extra for these kinds of geeky hardware issues as I’ve described above.
I’m stepping up, working hard, and creating momentum that has been sitting forlornly at the top of a hill for far too long. Help give me a push, and then jump on for what looks to be a wild ride in the coming real world depression. Some folks fear a nightmare is about to be let loose on the world. I say, bring it on…force people to step up and cast their doubts aside. It’s the only way we’re going to make it happen.
Once more, into the breach my friends…help a guy with a proven track record of SHARING TRUTH AND INFORMATION the world over, get this flat tire on my SurvivalRing road trip patched, and watch how much we’re going to change OUR lives.
Please click here to donate ANY amount! Thanks so much for your help. Enter any amount in the Donation box. No amount to small or too big!