This page provides UPDATED information regarding national radio traffic operations, first shared on https://www.survivalring.org/community/membership/civil-defense-now/fema-radio-frequencys/
National Interoperability Field Operations Guide
New in NIFOG Version 1.4
- VTAC Repeater Channels
- U.S. Department of Justice 25 Cities Project
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Regions – States and Territories
- U.S. Coast Guard Rescue Coordination Centers
- Cellular Telephone Emergency Response
- Text Messaging
- Line-of-sight Formulas
- VHF low-band interoperability repeaters and channel names
- All channel tables list frequencies in the same order as ICS-205 and ICS-217 forms
- An improved map showing where channel VTAC17 may be used, with county names
- 700 MHz Interoperability Channels – frequencies have been added to the table
- UHF MED channels – 12.5 and 6.25 channels added
- RJ-45 wiring – crossover wiring added
- VHF Marine Channel and Frequency tables
- Revised answer to the question “Don’t I need a license for these channels before programming them into radios?”
- Revised “Ground to Air working channel” in the table “Federal/Non-Federal VHF SAR Operations Interoperability Plan”
To request a copy of the NIFOG
If you have a copy of NIFOG 1.3, please look at the new and updated content listed above to determine whether to order version 1.4. The new and revised content is available for download.
Public safety communications professionals and emergency communications specialists in private voluntary organizations can receive reasonable quantities of NIFOGs at no charge by completing the NIFOG request form.
Businesses may purchase copies from the U.S. Government Printing Office – go tohttp://bookstore.gpo.gov/ and type “Interoperability” in the Simple Search box.
- NIFOG version 1.4 – For Personal Printing (PDF, 98 pages – 532 KB)
- NIFOG version 1.4 – For Professional Printing (PDF, 98 pages – 628 KB)
- NIFOG version 1.4 – Rotated for Viewing (PDF, 98 pages – 532 KB)
- NIFOG version 1.4 – Resized for PDA Viewing (PDF, 98 pages – 905 KB)
- NIFOG version 1.4 – What’s New (PDF, 35 pages – 241 KB)
- Programming Guide for Interoperability Radio Channels (PDF, 3 pages – 20.2 KB)
- Programming Template for Interoperability Radio Channels (XLS, 108 KB)
If you require assistance in accessing these documents, please contact Ross Merlin firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-343-1667.