Below are some of my favorite websites, showing their latest content from RSS feeds.
If you’d like recommend a website feed to add here, please post a comment with your request.
Content on these feed pages will change regularly, often daily. Be sure to check back often.
Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
- : AVO Great Sitkin YELLOW/ADVISORY - Small earthquakes continue; no activity in satellite images and webcam views - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 4, 2020 20:03 - Small local earthquakes have continued at Great Sitkin over the past day. Nothing significant was observed in cloudy satellite images and clear web camera views. Great Sitkin volcano is monitored with a local real-time seismic network, which typically allows AVO to detect changes in unrest that may lead to an explosive eruption. Rapid detection of an ash-producing eruption would be accomplished using a combination of seismic, infrasound, lightning, and satellite data.
- : AVO Cleveland YELLOW/ADVISORY - Nothing significant in available monitoring data - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 4, 2020 20:03 - The local seismic stations at Cleveland have experienced prolonged outages over the past day. The limited amount of data received shows no indications of unusual seismicity. No explosive activity was detected from the direction of Cleveland on regional infrasound arrays. Nothing significant was observed in cloudy satellite images during the past 24 hours. Clear web camera views showed nothing of note. Episodes of lava effusion and explosions can occur without advance warning. Explosions from Cleveland are normally short duration and only present a hazard to aviation in ...
- : AVO Semisopochnoi YELLOW/ADVISORY - Seismicity at low level over past day; nothing of note in satellite data - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 4, 2020 20:03 - No noteworthy seismicity has occurred during the past 24 hours. There have been no detections of explosive activity coming from the direction of Semisopochnoi on a regional infrasound array. Nothing significant was observed in cloudy satellite images. Semisopochnoi is monitored by local seismic sensors, satellite data, and lightning detection networks. An infrasound array on Adak Island may detect explosive emissions from Semisopochnoi with a slight delay (approximately 13 minutes) if atmospheric conditions permit.
- : AVO Shishaldin ORANGE/WATCH - Seismicity continues; nothing significant in satellite images and webcam views - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 4, 2020 20:03 - Unrest continues at Shishaldin. Seismicity remains above background with weak continuous tremor and low-frequency earthquakes. Nothing significant was observed in cloudy satellite images and clear web camera views over the past day. Eruptive activity appears confined to the summit area during this most recent period of unrest, which started mid-March. Activity could increase with little or no warning, however, resulting in lava flows outside of the crater, lahars, and ash emissions. Shishaldin is monitored by local seismic and infrasound sensors, satellite data, web ...
- : HVO Kilauea GREEN/NORMAL - No eruptive activity. Slow inflation of summit, rift zone. Rising water pond in summit crater - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 3, 2020 18:57 - Activity Summary: Kīlauea Volcano is not erupting. Monitoring data for the month of March show variable but typical rates of seismicity and ground deformation, low rates of sulfur dioxide emissions, and only minor geologic changes since the end of eruptive activity in September 2018. Observations: Monitoring data have shown no significant changes in volcanic activity in March. Rates of seismicity over the month were variable but within a range observed over the past year. Sulfur dioxide emission rates are low at the summit and are below detection limits at Puʻu ...
- : HVO Loihi Seamount UNASSIGNED/UNASSIGNED - No activity of concern for Lō‘ihi. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 3, 2020 18:57 - Lō‘ihi's earthquake activity in the vicinity of the volcano increased during the last month, however, the rate is within the range observed over the past decade.
- : HVO Hualalai GREEN/NORMAL - No activity of concern for Hualālai. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 3, 2020 18:57 - No significant activity was recorded at Hualālai Volcano over the past month. Several small earthquakes were recorded in the vicinity of the volcano. HVO's continuously recording Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver atop Hualālai recorded no significant deformation over the past month.
- : HVO Haleakala GREEN/NORMAL - No activity of concern for Haleakalā. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 3, 2020 18:57 - No significant activity was recorded at Haleakalā Volcano over the past month. One small earthquake was recorded in the immediate vicinity of the volcano. The continuously recording Global Positioning System (GPS) instrument atop Haleakalā (MAUI) recorded no significant deformation during this time.
- : HVO Mauna Kea GREEN/NORMAL - No activity of concern for Mauna Kea. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 3, 2020 18:57 - No significant activity was detected at Mauna Kea Volcano over the past month. Rates of small earthquake activity detected below the volcano remain the same. The single, continuously recording Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver atop Mauna Kea (operated by NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory) recorded no significant changes in deformation during the month of January.
- : CVO Cascade Range GREEN/NORMAL - All volcanoes are at normal levels. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 3, 2020 16:35 - Activity Update: All volcanoes in the Cascade Range of Oregon and Washington are at normal background levels of activity. These include Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens, and Mount Adams in Washington State; and Mount Hood, Mount Jefferson, Three Sisters, Newberry, and Crater Lake in Oregon. Recent Observations: Over the past week small earthquakes were located at Mount St. Helens, consistent with normal seismicity at the volcano.
- : HVO Mauna Loa YELLOW/ADVISORY - Mauna Loa is not erupting. Seismicity above background, summit inflation continues. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 2, 2020 20:07 - Activity Summary: Mauna Loa Volcano is not erupting. Rates of deformation and seismicity have not changed significantly over the past week and remain above long-term background levels. Observations: During the past week, HVO seismometers recorded 47 small-magnitude earthquakes on the volcano's summit and upper-elevation flanks. Most of these earthquakes occurred at shallow depths of less than 8 kilometers (~5 miles) below ground level. The largest earthquake was a magnitude 2.1 on the volcano's northwest flank. Global Positioning System (GPS) measurements show ...
- : YVO Yellowstone GREEN/NORMAL - YVO Monthly Update: background seismicity and deformation - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Apr 1, 2020 18:39 - Recent work and news It’s been an eventful month for seismic activity in the western USA, with a M5.7 earthquake near Salt Lake City, Utah, on March 18, and a M6.5 in central Idaho on March 31. These earthquakes are caused by tectonic extension of the region and are not related to Yellowstone, nor will they have a significant impact on the Yellowstone system. Some strong earthquakes in the region, like the 1983 M6.9 Borah Peak, ID, and 1959 M7.3 Hebgen Lake, MT, earthquakes, have impacted geyser behavior, but that is due to the response of the shallow and fragile ...
- : CALVO GREEN/NORMAL - CA volcanoes at normal background levels of seismicity and deformation during past week. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Mar 31, 2020 15:01 - Monitored CALIFORNIA VOLCANOES Current Volcano Alert Level: all NORMAL Current Aviation Color Code: all GREEN Activity Update: All volcanoes monitored by CalVO using telemetered, real-time sensor networks exhibit normal levels of background seismicity and deformation. Volcanoes monitored include Mount Shasta, Medicine Lake Volcano, Clear Lake Volcanic Field, Lassen Volcanic Center, Long Valley Volcanic Region, Coso Volcanic Field, Ubehebe Craters, and Salton Buttes. Observations for March 23, 2020 (0000h PDT) through March 29, 2020 (2359h PDT): Clear Lake ...
- : AVO Pavlof GREEN/NORMAL - Alert level lowered to GREEN/NORMAL based on decreased seismic activity. - Recent Volcano Observatory Activity Reports
Mar 3, 2020 19:38 - Over the past several weeks seismic activity has decreased at Pavlof. No eruptive activity or emissions from the summit have been observed since minor steam emissions in late February. Since activity is now at background levels, we are decreasing the Aviation Color Code and Alert Level to GREEN/NORMAL.
FEEDS FAIR USE: All links on these feeds go directly to the Author’s website and original posts. Only sites that offer RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds will be added to the SurvivalRing FEEDS section.
FEEDS DISCLAIMER: All content share via these RSS feeds are the responsibility of the ORIGINAL AUTHOR. I, Richard Fleetwood, owner and founder of SurvivalRing, may or may not agree with some, any, or all of the FEED CONTENT shared by these websites. We offers these feeds SOLELY to help spread awareness of great content resources. These FEEDS may disappear at any time, due to content changes, removal requests, technical issues, or lack of interest. Please visit the ORIGINAL AUTHOR’S website and BOOKMARK their URLs to your browser.
FEED REMOVAL: If you, as an owner of one of these FEEDS, would like to have me remove your RSS FEED from SurvivalRing, simply use the CONTACT ME page, with your request. I will remove your feed and links to your site.