Below are some of my favorite websites, showing their latest content from RSS feeds.
If you'd like recommend a website feed to add here, please post a comment with your request.
Content on these feed pages will change regularly, often daily. Be sure to check back often.
American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
- Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:26:09 -0700: Disaster Update: Ukrainian Red Cross Responds to Unrest in Ukraine - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Disaster Update Ukraine - The Ukrainian Red Cross has been responding to unrest in Ukraine since its onset in November 2013. In particular during the period of violent clashes between protesters and government security forces and police between February 18 and 21, Red Cross emergency response teams worked around the clock, providing first aid to […]
- Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:20:01 -0700: Disaster Alert: Winter Storm in KY/WV/TN/MT - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Kentucky / West Virginia: A wintry mix of heavy snow, sleet, rain, and freezing rain continued to impact the two states as the storm moves into the Northeast overnight. The Red Cross is continuing to monitor the situation and has mobilized resources in anticipation of response to the storm. Tennessee: A storm system dumped ice […]
- Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:22:50 -0700: Disaster Update: Syria - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Damascus/Geneva (ICRC) – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Syrian Arab Red Crescent jointly delivered emergency relief to over 4,000 families in Barzeh over the last two days. The 19-truck humanitarian convoy was the first to enter the Rural Damascus district since a truce was brokered there earlier this month. “The […]
- Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:58:31 -0700: Red Cross Provides Dinner and HOME Preparedness Kits to Little Ax, Oklahoma Storm Victims - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Little Ax, Oklahoma, February 22, 2014 – It was nearly standing room only in the Little Ax Baptist Church meeting hall as more than one-hundred people packed in for dinner and a kit at the invitation of the American Red Cross. Every person sitting in the crowd had a personal story of the day that […]
- Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:57:10 -0700: Disaster Update: Philippines Typhoons, Floods, and Earthquake - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
In the past six months, the Philippines has experienced a number of natural disasters in various parts of the country. The global Red Cross network continues to provide relief to communities affected by typhoons, floods, and earthquakes that occurred in late 2013. The American Red Cross has contributed nearly $241,700 toward relief efforts in response […]
- Fri, 21 Feb 2014 07:55:25 -0700: Disaster Alert: Ukraine - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Geneva/Moscow/Kiev (ICRC) – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is extremely concerned about spiraling violence in Ukraine, and about the lack of respect for medical and humanitarian work and for those carrying it out. “Scores of people in the streets of Kiev and across Ukraine are in need of urgent medical aid. A […]
- Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:51:28 -0700: Video Update from Tacloban in the Philippines - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: philippines, red cross, response, tacloban, typhoon, volunteers
- Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:49:50 -0700: VIDEO: Shelter in Pennsylvania - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: ice, pennsylvania, philly, snow, winter
- Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:15:48 -0700: Story: Volunteers Help Repair Sandy-Damaged Home in Coney Island - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
This story is written by Red Cross worker Jamie Dierking. Every day, the power of partnerships and people has resulted in progress for those affected by Superstorm Sandy. On Jan. 11, 2014, volunteers from the American Red Cross teamed with Rebuilding Together NYC to help repair the home of Rocco Brescia of Coney Island. “These […]
- Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:12:23 -0700: Disaster Update: American Red Cross Responding to Namibia Drought with Disaster Specialist - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Namibia is suffering from severe drought conditions after one of the driest rainy seasons in decades. The lack of available water is causing a strain on local farmers resulting in food shortage and loss of livestock. Cholera and malnutrition cases are increasing, likely due to the shortage of safe water sources and poor sanitation and […]
- Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:10:30 -0700: Disaster Update: American Red Cross Contributes $50,000 to Zimbabwe Food Security - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
The American Red Cross is contributing $50,000 to help those affected by food insecurity caused by drought and below-normal rainfall in Zimbabwe. The disaster has impacted approximately 2.2 million people—a 32 percent increase since March 2013—primarily in the southern regions of the country. For the past three years, the late onset of rainfall followed by […]
- Wed, 29 Jan 2014 07:32:21 -0700: Disaster Alert: Winter Storm Response in AL, LA, MS, FL, GA - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Disaster Alert Alabama - Many motorists have been stranded by a severe winter storm passing through the state. The region has opened about ten shelters and is supporting one. Louisiana - A strong winter storm caught motorists by surprise leaving them stranded.The region has opened five shelters and is supporting one. The chapter has staff on site at the […]
- Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:23:26 -0700: American Red Cross Contribution to Syrian Response - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
The ongoing crisis in Syria has affected 9.3 million people, or 43 percent of the total population, and has claimed the lives of more than 100,000. An estimated 6.5 million people are internally displaced within Syria, and an additional 2.3 million refugees have fled the country. The influx of refugees in neighboring countries including Jordan, […]
- Mon, 06 Jan 2014 08:47:29 -0700: Disaster Update: Multi Family Fire in New York City - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
New York - The American Red Cross remains at the scene of a 3-alarm high-rise fire on West 43rd Street in Manhattan to a provide assistance to the building’s residents. Four apartments suffered severe damage from this blaze. Red Cross teams are currently working with residents to determine their emergency needs (this includes emergency lodging, emotional […]
- Mon, 06 Jan 2014 08:45:12 -0700: Disaster Alert: Flood in Massachusetts - American Red Cross Disaster Newsroom
Disaster Alert Massachusetts - A water main break caused flooding that affected a complex in Middlesex County and prompted the evacuations of scores of residents on Sunday. Team Members from the American Red Cross of Massachusetts Bay Chapter supported a shelter with human as well as material resources and provided Mass Care.Filed under: Disaster Alerts
FEEDS FAIR USE: All links on these feeds go directly to the Author's website and original posts. Only sites that offer RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds will be added to the SurvivalRing FEEDS section.
FEEDS DISCLAIMER: All content share via these RSS feeds are the responsibility of the ORIGINAL AUTHOR. I, Richard Fleetwood, owner and founder of SurvivalRing, may or may not agree with some, any, or all of the FEED CONTENT shared by these websites. We offers these feeds SOLELY to help spread awareness of great content resources. These FEEDS may disappear at any time, due to content changes, removal requests, technical issues, or lack of interest. Please visit the ORIGINAL AUTHOR'S website and BOOKMARK their URLs to your browser.
FEED REMOVAL: If you, as an owner of one of these FEEDS, would like to have me remove your RSS FEED from SurvivalRing, simply use the CONTACT ME page, with your request. I will remove your feed and links to your site.